Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Holiday Fest at Airport 2015

I was so disappointed that it was raining when I headed to school this morning.  I don't like it when it "rains on my parade."  Fortunately, I have resilient kids and they took it all in stride.

We traveled to Jacksonville International Airport today to perform at Holiday Fest.  The airport does this twice a year - once during the December travel rush and again in May when thousands of travelers head to Ponte Vedra Beach for The Players Championship (PGA Tour golf).

It's always fun to watch people as they exit the plane and proceed to baggage claim.  Folks slow down; some stop altogether to listen.  There are rocking chairs for weary travelers to sit back,  relax and enjoy the music-making and a Starbucks nearby, just in case.  It is a great experience for my students and we look forward to it every year.







No comments: