Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lois

My mother always told me that "dynamite comes in small packages" and she was right.  Of course, my mom was barely 5'2" on a good day.  

Meet Lois.  She's barely 5 feet tall, but packs a powerful punch.  Had it not been for Lois, I would not have survived the first six weeks of my new job.  Lois was "praying me through" on a daily basis.  I was at the top of her prayer list for many months.  Maybe I still am, although, she could probably move me down a notch or two these days.

Dee Dee and Lois

For the past 11 years, Lois lived down the street from me.  She was in the neighborhood before I arrived.  I would walk down the street on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 pm. for a cup of coffee and a "prayer list update" for the upcoming week.  She never turned me away.

Lois and her husband had to move out of the neighborhood last month.  I promised I would come visit her in her new place as soon as we got to Spring Break.  I made good on my promise today.  She gave me a tour of the place and introduced me to several of her new neighbors.  She made me a cup of coffee and I updated my prayer list.  We caught up on things since our last visit while her husband napped in the living room.  It was beautiful.  She is beautiful (inside and out).  I promised her I would return, but it may be June before I make it back.  Fortunately, I can e-mail her when I need to update my prayer list and even though she is no longer down the street, she is just a phone call away.

Everyone needs a Lois in their life!! She radiates love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control and I am so grateful to have her in my life.  Thank you, Lois!! You are loved and adored!!

Until next time... 

No comments: