Saturday, March 1, 2014

Choral MPA 2014

Well....yesterday was another "round of firsts" for Mrs. Tamburrino.

My first cross-county field trip on school buses.

My first Choral Music Performance Assessment.

My first time conducting in front of my peers.

My first time as a director in a sight-reading room.

My first time wearing my new concert dress.











I was so proud of my students for giving their best effort last night at Mandarin High School during the Florida Vocal Association's Music Performance Assessment.  I took my top auditioned choirs to participate in this district competition and it was such a great learning experience for all of us.  I especially liked the sight-reading judge.  She was so positive and encouraging to my students.  Sight-reading can be a rather nerve-wracking experience, especially if you are not comfortable doing it.

The scores are in....Vocal Ensemble - Superior overall.  Ladies' Chamber - Excellent overall.  Not bad for a rookie's first run!

If we can swing it financially, I will take my Vocal Ensemble to Tallahassee in April to compete at the State level.  Road trip!! Can't wait!!

Until next time...

No comments: