Friday, November 18, 2011

WVU Armed Forces Salute 2011

The West Virginia University's Marching Band out-did themselves with their tribute to Veterans past and present.  Check out their half-time show honoring each branch of the Armed Forces.  If you can figure out what the formation is for the US Coast Guard, please leave me a comment at the end of the post.  It looks like an upside down ship to me.  I assume they were playing to the other side of the stands.



This is what I saw as I watched the program:

Army (a moving tank)
Coast Guard (an upside down ship)
Marines (an eagle)
Air Force (a fighter jet)
Navy (a submarine)
USA (Great Seal of the United States with flag)

What a great show!! I cannot begin to comprehend how many hours of rehearsal went into that program.  It was phenomenal!!

Until next time...

No comments: