Monday, November 21, 2011

McKenzie's Run 2011

Let's see....this year, I've done the Wolfson Children's Hospital 5-miler, the Winter Beach Run (4-miler), I was a Running Buddy in the "Girls on the Run 5K" last spring, I ran to support the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra in April, I did the GREEN (Eco-Friendly Builders) Run in June at the request of my cousin, the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Cancer Care run over Labor Day weekend, the Komen Race for the Cure in October and this past weekend, McKenzie's Run 2011.  As I was flipping through my calendar to chronicle the above, I realized that I had invested time, money and energy to support a cause at least ten times this year.  That's almost once a month! I had no idea!!

The McKenzie Noelle Wilson Foundation raises money to help children succeed in life, whether it is the orphanage they built in Africa or the McKenzie Academic Resource Center (MARC) at Portside in Jacksonville, Florida.  It is such a blessing to take part in something that ultimately blesses others. 

Chets Creek had a team of walkers and runners who participated in the event on Saturday.  My sister and I were proud to be a part of it.  If you would like to contribute to the ongoing work of this young lady's foundation, visit http://www.caregivegrow.org/.  Her life was cut short, but her family turned tragedy into triumph and their efforts are making a difference.

Paulette and Dee Dee
Everbank Field
November 19, 2011

Until next time...

No comments: