Saturday, October 1, 2011

Preparing for the Komen

4-mile training run completed
Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's that time of year again.  The month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  For the past several years, my sister has asked me to run the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" with her.  This is a 5K run that takes place in downtown Jacksonville.  This year, the race will be held on Saturday, October 22nd at 9:00 a.m. at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds.

I've never run for anyone in particular. However, this year, I will don my pink wig and run in honor of one of my dearest friends on the planet.  Jayne was diagnosed with breast cancer back in August.  She just completed her 4th round of chemo last week.  I made her a promise and I intend to keep my word to her.

Today I completed a 4-mile training run.  The weather was brisk and I ran my best personal time yet.  I am hoping for cool weather on the 22nd.  (It's much easier to take the Acosta Bridge when the humidity levels are lower.)

Stay tuned for race photos...

1 comment:

Mrs. Metzger and Mrs. Morris said...

You can do it Mrs. Tamburrino! We're proud of you! Love, Mrs. Morris and Mrs. Metzger's class