Saturday, October 22, 2011

Komen "Race for the Cure" 2011

As promised, I ran the Komen "Race for the Cure" 5K in honor of my friend Jayne today.  In August, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She's been in the hospital all week; her last chemo treatment was the worst yet.  She has three more to go and then radiation treatments will begin.  Today, I ran for Jayne.

My sister, Paulette, ran the race with me in honor of our mutual friend Ann.  Ann recently finished her chemo and is moving on to the next step in her course of treatment.

I've run this race 4 or 5 times, but I have never plastered someone's photo on my back and carried them with me during the race - until today.  This time, it hit much closer to home.  Five thousand people united for a cause.  It was pretty cool!!

My race bib

My timing chip

Soul Sisters - Dee Dee and Paulette

We love you Jayne and Ann!!!!

Until next time...