Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blast From My Past

Today I visited my elementary school.  Seabreeze Elementary School in Jacksonville Beach, Florida is celebrating its 50th birthday.

Although I did not spend my entire elementary career there (I started in the 2nd grade and both of my boys attended 2nd grade there), I felt compelled to stroll down memory lane with fellow "Seabreeze Seahorses" wearing my school colors (blue and white).  Seabreeze is one of the last true "neighborhood schools" left in our district.  Scores of children have passed through its doors since it opened in the early 60's and I am proud to be one of them.  Enjoy the photos from my visit today.

Dee Dee Abdullah Tamburrino

My lunchbox

John is third from the left on the bottom 
(Second Grade, 2002-03)

Zac is the snaggle-toothed, curly headed one in the middle
(Second Grade, 2006-07)

Until next time...

No comments: