Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Denise Ashlynd visits CCE

About a month ago, I was in the midst of a 3rd grade musical rehearsal when I realized that my students were singing so well, someone other than myself needed to experience it.  After thinking through my options regarding whom I might call at 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday, I settled on my sister in New York.  She is a professional singer/actress/dancer/commercial voiceover talent-type person and I knew she would appreciate the beautiful music-making that was happening in my classroom that morning.

I grabbed my cell phone and asked if she had a minute; I had some students that wanted to sing for her.  My students sang the song for her and she squealed with delight at the quality of their performance.  She was hollering things like "That was great!!"  "You rocked it!!"  "That was my favorite part!!" 

Now...fast-forward 30 days....

Denise came home for Easter break and asked if I thought my students would like to meet her.  I arranged for a visit at my school and brought the class back in to sing their song "live" for her.  They were so amazed that the person they sang for over the cell phone a month ago was now standing in my classroom. 

Denise Ashlynd - singer/actress/dancer/voiceover artist

What a neat opportunity for my students!!  Thanks to all who made her classroom visit possible.  We could not have done this without your assistance!!

Until next time...

No comments: