Friday, April 13, 2012

Barnes and Noble "My Favorite Teacher" Contest

Today was a great day in my little world!

My principal completely shocked my socks off at our flag-raising ceremony by announcing that one of my students had entered an essay in the Barnes and Noble "My Favorite Teacher" Contest and won! Her essay was chosen as the winner in the elementary category and we were both presented with gift cards to Barnes and Noble Booksellers this morning.

Katie's essay was selected from approximately 60 elementary student entries.  Her essay will now move on to the regional competition.  The regional competition (Southeast US; approximately 120 stores) will be decided on or before April 17th.  If she takes it at the regional level, then it's off to the national level which will be decided on or before May 2nd.  This is all very exciting and we can't wait to see what happens next.  Stay tuned...

Katie and I

Until next time...

No comments: