Saturday, August 3, 2019

Year of "Firsts"

Well...it's been awhile, folks.  I needed time to process the loss of my mother in May, 2018 and my father-in-law in May, 2019 and my dad's sister in July, 2019.  I guess I am at that age where the "reality of mortality" has begun to sink in...

Since my last post (Spring, 2018), I started a new job and have cycled through an entire school year.  I began my "Year of Firsts" after my mom passed away and have come full circle.  Pre-planning for the 2019-20 school year began July 31st and we are off and running.



I love my new job! I love my principal! I love my Resource Team! It is a joy to be back with the "littles" and laying a strong foundation for music study in middle and high school.  (My school services Pre-K3 through 12th grade.)  My niece graduated from Providence last year.  We had a blast hanging out at school together and she will be deeply missed by many...

River City Women's Chorus 2019

My summer break was the best ever! I taught swimming for two weeks (my favorite side hustle). My family traveled to Belize in June and we celebrated our 12th Annual "Family Fun Week" in July.  I performed with the River City Women's Chorus (R. Wayne Bailey, Director) and we premiered a new choral work by Elaine Hagenberg entitled, "You Do Not Walk Alone."  This piece will be available for purchase in the fall and she even signed my copy!

I hope to get back to the business of blogging this year.  Life has been stressful and caregiving is time-consuming, but I am moving forward and looking forward to a new school year!

Until next time...


No comments: