Saturday, January 23, 2016

Gray or Grey?

Gray or Grey?

I guess it depends on whether your cultural roots are British.  I have asked several artists this question and they cannot answer.  They say it is spelled both ways. When I prepare to spell that word, my mind immediately rushes to a lanky dog on the side of a coach bus.  I traveled to and from college on one of those buses, so I tend to go with "grey."

As I prepared to lead my choristers in their afternoon rehearsal, I scanned the classroom and realized that over half of my students were dressed in grey.  I found that quite fascinating and took their picture.  I don't believe it really matters how you spell it, as long as you are able to recognize it.

The dude on the left photo-bombed my shot.  The gal in the back who is wearing black has worn grey for days on end.  The one day she didn't, I decided to take a picture.  I told her she could be the centerpiece.  Grey is her new favorite color.  (or is it colour?)

Until next time...

No comments: