Friday, February 21, 2014

After 22 years....

Twenty-two years ago, I was nearing the end of my graduate program at Florida State University.  Because I was getting married three months after graduation, I opted out of buying the academic regalia required to walk at graduation.  The Master's hood cost over $200 and I didn't have the money to spend on such frivolity.  My mom was disappointed, but I had no other options at the time.

Fast-forward 22 years....

I am now teaching at a high school whose new requirements for all faculty include participating in the graduation ceremony while wearing full academic regalia to the highest degree conferred.  That means that after all these years, I will finally get my hood and I won't have to pay a dime for it! AND...I get to keep it!!

God is good to those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose.  Celebrating with a grateful heart today!!

College of Music 

Until next time....

No comments: