Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Better You, A Better Me!


Producing a grade-level musical is no easy task when you have 200 students, 12 teachers and 8 different classrooms working together on the same project. These six songs - A Better You, A Better Me; Expect Respect; Trust is a Must Blues; Fight Fair; I Will Care For You; The CitizenSHIP - have been swimming around in my brain for many months. Next week, I will conduct this show eight times over the course of two days. The performance schedule is grueling, but in the end, this Herculean effort on the part of all of us is worth it. Creating life-long memories in the lives of our children is what it's all about!

I began teaching the music to the students back in January.

Our art teacher finished the set last week and "dressed" the stage for the performances.

My sound technician has spent hours with his meter trying to "dial us in" on the sound board.


It has been a frenetic week of working with props, practicing transitions, delivering lines and remembering lyrics.



"A Better You, A Better Me!" is up and running and we are very excited to present this program next week. The performance schedule is as follows:

Tuesday, June 1 at 6:00 p.m. Phillips, Pinchot, Lopez-Sinclair and Launey
Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m. Tillis/Smith
Thursday, June 3 at 6:00 p.m. Constande/Cole/Bass/Ciupak
Thursday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m. Evanko/Tsengas

The Chets Creek Recorder Club will perform pre-show music 30 minutes prior to each program.

Please make plans to join us!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

MusicPK4 said...

I've done that musical with my 100 5th graders--it's wonderfully written! I don't have an art teacher who is able to devote any time to sets and not blessed with a sound technician but that musical has such timeless lessons for our students.

MusicPK4 said...

I've done that musical with my 100 5th graders--it's wonderfully written! I don't have an art teacher who is able to devote any time to sets and not blessed with a sound technician but that musical has such timeless lessons for our students.~Christy