Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Big Orange Barbershop Quartet

Would you like to know how to stop a class of 37 kindergarteners dead in their tracks???  Have a barbershop quartet open your classroom door and burst into song!!  That'll do it everytime!!


The students were absolutely mesmerized...

I had the most unique Valentine's Day gift from my husband yesterday - A barbershop quartet from the Big Orange Chorus (Orange Park, Florida) delivered a "Singing Valentine" to me during my kindergarten class.  They sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and showered me with a rose, a cupcake, a card from my husband and took my photo with the group.  It was an experience unlike any other.

The Big Orange Chorus Barbershop Quartet 

 
Have a listen...

I was told by my eldest son who attends Stanton College Prep that they had visited his principal as well and it was the talk of the campus.  They also visited Twin Lakes Elementary just before coming to see me and knew exactly where to find me.  (Our schools share the same architectural design).

What a great fundraising idea for their organization.  They delivered singing Valentines all over Jacksonville from Saturday through Monday.  It was fabulous!! Thank you, Steve, for a unique and musically exciting Valentine's Day gift.  I absolutely loved it!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Incredible! What a sweet way to honor your Valentine! Steve is setting the bar high for all husbands out there. I'll have to be sure to share that story with Tony!